Hello and welcome to my little corner of the web, where I will be sharing my scrapbook layouts, current project ideas, tutorials and more. I'm new to the blogging world, so come along for a wild and creative ride!

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Unity

Good morning, well afternoon now!  Can't believe I've lost track of time today...but I got some scrapping done!  I want to share with you a new lo I titled Unity.  I took part in today's 5 step progressive challenge at scrapbook.com.  Seven individual steps are outlined, but you only have to do 5 of them to complete the challenge, you get extra points if you do all 7.

I love the Progressive Challenges.  I learn new techniques and come up with awesome lo's I wouldn't have otherwise.  This lo is scraplifted from Kotten's "Smile".  I really loved her curling/weaving technique. 

To creat my lo, I used 2 sheets of Prima "The Second Wind" paper collection, 1 sheet of Bazzill 12 x 12 French Vanilla cardstock, a 1/2 sheet of Basic Grey "Hello Luscious" (frame and flowers), and a 1/2 sheet of K & Company "Best of Brenda Walton" (polka dots). 

I started out by distressing the edges of the 2 Prima papers.  I inked the edges of the green paper with Colorbox gold ink and left the edges of the pink paper raw.  I cut the poka dot paper into strips and did a simple weave. 

I used Fiskars "Lace" combo corner punch and Martha Stewart's "Loop" corner punch to create the flowers.  You can find the tutorial here

I used Basic Grey "Undressed" Chipboard letters and followed this tutorial.  I put my own spin to the decorating by using ART-C glimmer mist in Red and inking the edges with a mix of the Colorbox gold and bronze inks.  Once it was dry, I randomly stamped over the letters.

I loved this challenge!  I look forward to using this techniques I learned in the future.  I hope to see you at the progressive challenge next month. 

1 comment: