Hello and welcome to my little corner of the web, where I will be sharing my scrapbook layouts, current project ideas, tutorials and more. I'm new to the blogging world, so come along for a wild and creative ride!

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Happy Fall!

Happy Fall everyone!  While I'm very sad to say good-bye to summer I'm looking forward to Fall.  The crisp weather, the changing leaves, pumpkins, apples and the local Festivals, Halloween and Thanksgiving; what's not to like?!

Today, I'd like to share a new layout I completed this week.  The pictures were taken in October, 2009 while we were on a weekend trip to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge, TN.  On the corner of the main street in Gatlingburg was a "harvest" vignette, including an outhouse!  My kids were laughing and joking about the outhouse, so of course I just had to go sit inside! (you won't catch me in a working one lol!).  My son thought that was great and had to ham it up also.  My husband thought we were crazy, and took the pictures to prove we were!

I used 3 pattern papers and a small strip of solid pumpkin colored cardstock.  Love the layering.  I inked around the sides with Tim Holtz Distress ink in Tea Dye to add a little definition to the papers.  I'm not much on stickers, but I used them on the banner, and the pumpkins are punch-outs both are adhered with Pop Dots to add dimension.  The title "Autum" and the corn embellie came in a fall kit I've had for years, also adhered with Pop Dots.  Love how the sun cast shadows behind the embellies!  
This is one of my favorite family fall memories!  What are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment