Hello and welcome to my little corner of the web, where I will be sharing my scrapbook layouts, current project ideas, tutorials and more. I'm new to the blogging world, so come along for a wild and creative ride!

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Heritage Layout

Hello all!  Hope this post finds everyone doing not only well, but great!  Today I want to share my newest Heritage layout with you that I've entered in the 1,000 views challenge on MLogan Design blog.  The prize is a Scrap FX chipboard pack worth $50.  Check it out!

Now onto the lo:
I generally scrap my immediate family pictures, but recently I've started scrapping Heritage pictures from both mine and my husbands families.  I love taking a look back & seeing where we come from.  I want my children to know those who walked before them, even though they may not have had the chance to meet them.  My children love to look at the heritage pictures that my husband and I have, and I want to make sure that these priceless memories are preserved for future generations.

In this layout, the picture features my husband's grandmother as a young woman and his mother as a baby.  My children were and are fortunate to have known both of these amazing women. 


For this lo, I used Bazzill 12 x 12 cardstock in French Vanilla as my base and added an old beautiful print paper as my next layer.  I water distressed the edges and then inked with Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Tea Dye and with Ditto dye ink in Red.  The next layer I used a paper doily that I spritzed with ART-C Glimmer Mist in Red.  The color was more pink than I was expecting so I used the Ditto Red ink to bring out the detail of the doily.  I then used a small square of really old (circa 1998) paper that had a cream lace pattern as my next layer.  I water distressed the edges and inked with the Tea Dye.  I matted the picture on a piece of paper from the Me & My Big Ideas 8 x 8 Pismo kit.  Then I took 2 small chipboard pieces from the Fancy Pants Scrolls collection and inked them with the Red ink.  Once that was dry I embossed around the edges (should have paid more attention to the label, I thought it was clear, turned out it was white lol), I spritzed over that with the Red Glimmer mist, inked the edges with TH Tea Dye and embellished with some red gems.  I added the flowers, pearls and leaves and then used small pieces of Prima's Say It With Crystals Swirls in Clear.  For the title I used a metal sign from Making Memories Girl line, it reads "Absolutely Delightful".  I smeared a little bit of white acrylic paint over the letters and wiped it off to make the words stand out.  It's hard to see in the picture, but irl it looks great. 

If you have never tried scrapping your Heritage pictures give it a try.  Who knows, maybe you'll love it as much as I do!

Thanks for taking the time to visit!   
Denay

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful job you have done here Denay, love the doilie and the flower cluster, a great take on the challenge. Thanks for dropping in and playing!!! M xxx

    ReplyDelete