Hello and welcome to my little corner of the web, where I will be sharing my scrapbook layouts, current project ideas, tutorials and more. I'm new to the blogging world, so come along for a wild and creative ride!

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Our Treasures

Hello all!  I'm back today to share with you another layout.  I found this sketch from Flying Unicorn a while back and saved it to my sketch file. 
I actually forgot that I had this one saved until yesterday when I went looking through my file for inspiration. I wanted to scrap a formal portrait of my children taken last year but wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it.  Instant excitement!  Here's my interpretation on this sketch:

For this lo I used Bazzill Mysterious Teal and Burgundy cardstock, BasicGrey Simply Grand from their Hello Luscious Collection, and K&Company KO Addison Blue Garden Swirls papers.  I used my Cricut and the Lacy Labels cartridge to cut the shapes I placed behind the picture and I used the Serenade cartridge to cut the flowers in the lower right-hand corner.  For the little flowers I glued to the trim I used an old punch I had.  I found the gorgeous trim at Michaels and the title sign and the corner decorations are from the K&Company Elegance Die-cut pack (the reverse side has the word family printed on it, I flipped it over and hand wrote my title).  I also used some blue-y teal gems for some extra sparkle!  I love how this lo turned out and it was so simple to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment