Hello and welcome to my little corner of the web, where I will be sharing my scrapbook layouts, current project ideas, tutorials and more. I'm new to the blogging world, so come along for a wild and creative ride!

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Two new projects

Hello all!  I hope this Sunday afternoon finds you all well.  I have two projects to share with you today. 

The first is a new lo featuring my family.  The picture was taken at Thanksgiving 2011.  As some of you know, I have a large blended family.  My husband had 3 children and I had 2 children when we met.  We completed our family in 2009 when we had our youngest son.  But, family for us, doesn't mean "blood".  We include our children's friends too!  The quote/title speaks to both:  "A family isn't about whose blood you have, it's about who you care about".

I used my Cricut and the Lacy Labels cartridge to cut out the shaped background ; I really love that shape!  I painted a Fancy Pants chipboard Scroll with red acrylic paint and then sprayed it with ART-C glimmer mist in red.  

Once I got the bg papers and the photo adhered, I set my eyelets and then wove my ribbon in and out.  I added the chipboard piece and some bling as a finishing touch.  For the title/quote:  I used a mixture of punch out letters (A), Heidi Swapp chipboard words (family) and my computer/printer for the rest of the quote.  

I really like how this lo turned out.

For my second project, I altered a composition notebook.



 In the last month or so, I have begun branching out into other scrappy projects.  I have completed several cards, a picture frame, and a small gift box.  So, when I was invited by the lovely Martica to take part in a journal swap at scrapbook.com, I couldn't resist.  {Thanks Martica!}  Since I had never done one of these before, I scoured the net and found this wonderful tutorial: http://amybayliss.com/2011/08/new-professionally-done-altered-composition-notebooks-journal-scrapbooks-book-cover/ .  The notebook was so easy to alter and I had so much fun. 

I used a trio of My Mind's Eye papers from the Penny Lane collection for the covers, binding, and inside (not pictured).  I embellished my notebook with ribbon, 2 handmade beaded stick pins, a flower, ZVA gems, and a chipboard hinge.  I used my computer/printer for the "My Reflections" and I used one of the Penny Lane papers to cover the chipboard shape.  

I have requests from all 3 of my daughter's to make each one of them their own.  Now I just have to find the perfect papers! 

Thanks for stopping by.  Hope your week is a good one.

Denay

1 comment: