Hello and welcome to my little corner of the web, where I will be sharing my scrapbook layouts, current project ideas, tutorials and more. I'm new to the blogging world, so come along for a wild and creative ride!

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Paper Piecing

Happy Sunday everyone!  It's super cold and yucky here (we had snow last night), so it's a perfect day to stay inside and work on some scrappy projects!

I've had an idea for a layout for a while now, but I've had a hard time with some of the elelments!  You see, for this past Halloween, my little one was Nemo the Fish.  I really needed a clown fish die cut, but I haven't been able to find one, and none of my Cricut cartridges had one either; sniff sniff!  So I put my thinking cap on and this is what I did:

I scoured the internet for a clown fish coloring page, and I found one at Squidoo, it was exactly what I had in mind.  I printed it off and marked my colors. 
I made a copy of the page, 1-for cutting and 1-to use as a guide.
I then cut out the whole shape.
Then I cut everything apart.

These are the pieces I used as my pattern.  I traced these onto white and orange cardstock and cut them out.

I inked my edges and adhered to a scrap piece of paper.  At this point, I noticed my edges weren't matching perfectly.  I used my Zig Writer in black to go over the joints where the pieces met and added the details; eyes, fins, body shape lines.  Then I cut out the whole shape and this is what I ended up with.

My little fish turned out better than I'd hoped!  This project was so easy and simple to do, and it cost me nothing.  I already had the cardstock, printer paper, adhesive and ink on hand! 

I'll post my layout once I get it finished.

Hugs to my friends,
Denay

No comments:

Post a Comment