Hello and welcome to my little corner of the web, where I will be sharing my scrapbook layouts, current project ideas, tutorials and more. I'm new to the blogging world, so come along for a wild and creative ride!

Saturday, January 21, 2012

A Trio of Cards

Hello all!  Hope this post finds you warm and healthy!  The sniffles have been running through my family and I fear I'm getting it again! 

I know in my last post I said that I would post my paper piecing lo, but I haven't finished it yet!  I've gotten on a card kick in the last day or so and I want to share what I've made. 

I'm taking part in a card challenge at scrapbook.com.  In this challenge there are 8 categories; Color, Theme, Product, Technique, Sketch, Bonus, Lift, and Photo Inspiration.  You can do a separate card for each category, do them all in one, or mix them as you please! 

I completed 3 cards: 1- for the Technique, 1- for Technique and Product, and 1- for Lift and Color.

The criteria for the Technique was to use the faux leather technique.  I started with white card stock and covered it with masking tape.  After trimming the excess tape, I took 3 different colors of ink; tea dye, light tan, and burgundy, and blended them together.  I trimmed the paper and adhered it to a mat.  I then adhered the mat to the card.  For the dress form, I blended gold and bronze ink and then spritzed gold glimmer mist for shimmer.  I decorated the waist with three gems.  For the flowers I used a tutorial I found on YouTube a while back.  Here's the card:




For the Technique and Product card I used the left over piece of the faux leather I had and cut out a dress form.  I added dark blue, purple and teal inks, blending as I went.  For the mat, I had a piece of scrap paper that looked as if it was splattered with mauve paint.  I misted in Sailboat Blue, Plum and Purple Twilight color wash.  I then stamped the word "Dreamer", added the flower and then used Stardust Stickles on the dress form and the title.  I adhered the finished mat to the dark blue cardstock.  (The colors are so much prettier in real life!)



For the final card; I chose the Lift and Color categories.  I wasn't sure how to complete the Lift until one of the ladies in the challenge posted the measurements.  She said to use 2- 1.5 inch squares, 2- 1 x 2 inch squares, and 4- 1 inch squares.  They worked great!!!
I inked the edges of the pieces and around the card.  I added a little bit of bling and stamped the sentiment.



These cards were so much fun to make; and with all the birthdays and other occasions that are coming up, these cards will be put to excellent use!
I'll do my best to finish the paper piecing lo and get it posted asap.  Until then, I hope you all have a wonderful week!

Denay

No comments:

Post a Comment