Hello and welcome to my little corner of the web, where I will be sharing my scrapbook layouts, current project ideas, tutorials and more. I'm new to the blogging world, so come along for a wild and creative ride!

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

DCWV August Challenge

Hello all!  Welcome back!  Today I want to share with you my entry for the Design Cuts with a View (DCWV) August challenge.  DCWV provides the sketch and entrants use DCWV stacks to create their layouts.  Here's the sketch:



For my entry I used the All About Boys 2 stack.  The colors went perfectly with my son's clothes!  I love the stacks from DCWV!  Here's my entry:

 I altered the title "Yum" by using my Adirondack Color Wash spray in Sailboat Blue.  Instead of spraying it, I dipped a paintbrush into the Wash and painted my letters.  I love the way the polka-dots show through. The paper was originally white with polka-dots (see the loop border) and it faded into the background.  I stayed pretty true to the sketch, only adding some extra half circles and buttons as my embellishments.    

If you would like to participate go to DCWV!  Hope you have as much fun with this sketch as I did!

1 comment: