Hello and welcome to my little corner of the web, where I will be sharing my scrapbook layouts, current project ideas, tutorials and more. I'm new to the blogging world, so come along for a wild and creative ride!

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Two New Layouts

Hello all!

I just stopped by to share a couple of  new layouts with you. 

First up: my brother and his wife had their first child, making me an aunt for the very first time.  Their little girl is a blessing to be sure; and the picture that was taken when they placed my niece in my brother's arms for the first time speaks volumes.   The love and adoration on his face pulled at my heartstrings, and I just had to scrap that picture.  (I've blacked out the picture until I can get permission to show it; but you can still see the lo!)

 
This layout has lots of layers!  I used My Mind's Eye, Colorbok, the Paper Studio, and Bazzill papers, Quick Quotes "Daddy's Little Girl" vellum quote, some paper doilies, lace, rosettes with beads, fussy cut flowers, pearls, Delight & Hatbox Thickers, Colorbox ink in Merlot & Cocoa, and Crackle Accents on the letters.  I love how soft and feminine the colors are.
 
Next up:  This layout was completed back in April, but this is the first time I've had a chance to upload it! 
 
The day before Easter of this year, we went to the local Easter Egg Hunt so my youngest could hunt eggs.  They also had games, a petting zoo and a pony ride.  Once my youngest saw the ponies, he had to ride them!  I made my teenager walk beside the youngest so that I could take pictures!!! 
 
I love the combination of Bo Bunny and the Paper Studio papers; and I love the distressing and the fan.  But my favorite part of this lo is the lyric sheet.  I found the lyrics on-line and printed them onto a piece of khaki colored paper.  Then I distressed and inked the edges.  A very unique-to-me embellie!
 
I hope this post finds you all well and enjoying the warmer weather; at least it's finally warmer here!!
 
Hugs;
Denay

No comments:

Post a Comment