Hello and welcome to my little corner of the web, where I will be sharing my scrapbook layouts, current project ideas, tutorials and more. I'm new to the blogging world, so come along for a wild and creative ride!

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Wide Awake (#186 Creative Scrappers)

Hello everybody!  I hope this post finds you all happy and healthy.  Today I want to share a lo based on sketch #186 at Creative Scrappers
Here is the sketch:

And here is my take on it:


For the background paper, a raised Swiss Dot, I sanded the edges and inked with ColorBox Atlantic Blue.  I also distressed the paper strips and inked with the same color.  I set my eyelets and laced the skinny blue and the wide white ribbon above the picture.  The word "wide" are letters from an alpha punch-out set I have.  The word "awake" is stripped chip chipboard from lil davis.  To acheive the color I used a paintbrush dipped in Adirondack Color Wash in Sailboat Blue.  Once that was semi-dry, I sprayed some Gold Glimmer Mist from ART-C and let it dry.  Then I used the Atlantic Blue ink on the edges.  For a final touch, I adhered gem clusters around the photo.

I love this picture of my little one.  He was about 12 hours old here.  Of all my children, he was the most alert so soon after birth.

Thanks for looking!
Denay


No comments:

Post a Comment